Rick Colbert has spent approximately forty years representing clients in state and federal courts throughout Tennessee as well as before state regulatory agencies and the NLRB. His practice involves employment law, education law, and complex constitutional law issues, as well as state or federal regulatory matters. He also assists clients with government relations.
Mr. Colbert has an extensive appellate practice, having worked as primary counsel on approximately one hundred appeals at all state and federal appellate levels. He is admitted and has briefed and argued cases before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Eighth Circuits, the Tennessee Supreme Court, and the Tennessee Court of Appeals. He also has filed amicus curiae briefs for clients in each of these courts; and he is often consulted by other lawyers, both within Tennessee and outside the state, for assistance on appellate matters.
University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, J.D.
• Tennessee Law Review
Vanderbilt University, B.A.
• Graduated with Honors
• U.S. Supreme Court
• U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
• U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
• American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
• Nashville Bar Foundation, Fellow
• Tennessee Bar Association
• Nashville Bar Association
• Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association
• Williamson County Bar Association
• Williamson County & Franklin Chamber of Commerce