Brooks is an Associate Attorney in Thompson Burton's Commercial Real Estate Practice Group.
Brooks graduated from Belmont University College of Law. During law school, Brooks clerked for Chancellor Anne C. Martin in the Davidson County Chancery Court for the 20th Judicial District of Tennessee and interned with the Davidson County District Attorney's Office Conviction Review Unit, helping exonerate wrongfully convicted individuals. Brooks served as Tennessee Bar Association Representative and 2L Senator on Belmont's Student Bar Association.
Brooks received his undergraduate degree from Union University, interning for State Representative Matthew Hill in the Tennessee House of Representatives his senior year. Prior to law school, Brooks worked in various roles on political campaigns across Tennessee, Kentucky, Iowa, Virginia, Michigan, and Missouri.
A native of Newbern, Tennessee, Brooks lives in Nashville with his wife, Morgan, a music publishing professional, and their dogs Otis and Rodham. When not at the office, Brooks can be found exploring Metro Nashville public parks, visiting Florida's Emerald Coast, and sampling new coffees.
J.D., Belmont University College of Law, 2023
• Student Bar Association
• Peer Mentor to 1st Year Students
• CALI Excellence for the Future Award
B.A., Union University, 2014
• Barnabas Leadership Award Finalist
• Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity, Vice-President
• Interfraternity Council, President
• Tennessee Intercollegiate State Legislature
• American Bar Association
• Tennessee Bar Association
• Nashville Bar Association
• Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association