Ally Hicks is an associate attorney in the Wills & Estates practice group at Thompson Burton. In this role, she utilizes her specialized tax knowledge and trust administration background to craft individualized estate plans tailored to the needs of each client. Prior to joining Thompson Burton, Ally served as Fiduciary Officer at Pendleton Square Trust Company where she gained experience in administering various types of trusts, including ILITs and QTIPs, drafting trust modifications, and assisting the Tennessee Bankers Association in passing meaningful trust legislation.
Ally is currently an LL.M. in Taxation candidate at the University of Florida Levin College of Law. She holds a law degree from Belmont University College of Law and a Political Science degree from the University of Kentucky. While in law school, Ally served in various roles spanning across the legal, political, and academic fields, including as an Editor for the Belmont Law Review and a government relations liaison at the Tennessee State Capital.
Outside of the office, you can find Ally enjoying Nashville’s live music scene, browsing record stores for the perfect vinyl, and spending time with friends and family.
• University of Florida Levin College of Law
LL.M. in Taxation, expected graduation May 2025
• Belmont University College of Law
J.D., magna cum laude
• University of Kentucky
B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude
• CALI Award for Excellence in Probate and Estate Administration
• CALI Award for Excellence in Estate Planning
• CALI Award for Excellence in Torts
• CALI Award for Excellence in Patent Law
• CALI Award for Excellence in Alternative Dispute Resolution
• CALI Award for Excellence in Law & Economics
• CALI Award for Excellence in Law Office Management